MUG 2015 Conference Activities
Come tour Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Daytona Beach campus. The campus consists of 1.8 million square feet on 185-acres and serves more than 5,100 students. It features state-of-the-art facilities and offers 25 undergraduate degrees, 14 graduate degrees and three doctoral degrees. Lunch provided.
The tour will cover their newest facility - the College of Arts and Science (which houses the largest telescope in Florida); the College of Engineering ("The Best Colleges guidebook published by U.S. News & World Report ranks Embry-Riddle's undergraduate aerospace engineering program No. 1 in the nation"), the College of Aviation (including the High Altitude Lab and the Weather Lab); Flight Operations (which includes the ramp and aircraft); the Aircraft Maintenance Sciences building; the Simulation Center (which includes flight simulators) and experience the beautifully re-landscaped campus including the new "Quad".
Contact Diane Wiand at 800-922-4336 for details.
Monday Welcome Reception:
Join us as we kick off our 25th Annual MAPCON Users' Group Conference where you can catch up with old friends or make some new ones. Enjoy a savory meal and fi nd out who our 2015 Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA) is awarded to.
Wednesday Night Social:
Enjoy a Beach Party Dinner and a little fun as we prepare for the close of the MAPCON Users' Group Conference.
Contact Diane Wiand at 800.922.4336 for details.
What an exciting time to be in Daytona Beach!
Two weeks prior to the conference is "Speed Week / Daytona 500" and there will be all kind of events at the Daytona International Speedway. The post-conference week is the annual "Bike Week 2015". This actually starts on Friday, March 6th! However, the hotel has agreed to honor our discounted rates through Sunday, March 8th, so feel free to stay over a few days and take in the action!
- Daytona Beach Board Walk and Amusements (within walking distance of hotel)
- The Ocean Waters SPA in the Plaza Hotel! It is a full-service European Spa!
- Daytona Lagoon Family Fun Center (Dry attractions will be open, waterpark will be closed due to "cold" weather)
- Main Street, USA, the HOME of Bike Week events (across the street from the hotel)
- Visit the Daytona International Speedway and the official site of NASCAR
- Dog Racing at the Daytona Beach Kennel Club and Poker Room
- Ponce Deleon Inlet Lighthouse (Port Orange, which is south on AIA from the hotel)
- Daytona Museum of Arts & Sciences
- LPGA Golf Course within driving distance
- Many other fi ne Golf courses in the area
- The Joke Factory Comedy Club
- Three dining options on the Hotel Property
- Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse in the Hilton (within walking distance)
- Bubba Gump's on the Boardwalk (within walking distance)
- Joe's Crab Shack on the Pier (within Walking Distance)
- Ocean Deck
- Our Deck Down Under (below the Port Orange Bridge)
- Boondocks Restaurant (riverfront dining outside!)
- Inlet Harbor Restaurant & Marina (Joel"s favorite place)
- Bonefish Grill
- Hog Heaven Bar-B-Q Restaurant (within walking distance)
- The Oyster Pub on Seabreeze (just a few blocks away)
- The Cellar Restaurant in the historic home of President Warren G. Harding on Magnolia Ave
- Rossellini's Italian Restaurant
- Cold Stone Creamery
- And, many more
Need more to do? Just visit DaytonaBeach.com! It has TONS of things to do in Daytona!