September 08, 2016
2017 MAPCON Networking Conference
The 27th Annual MAPCON Networking Conference, presented by the MAPCON User's Group (MUG) will take place April 10 – 13, 2017 at the beautiful Plaza Resort and Spa in Daytona, Florida.
What is MUG?
The Mapcon User's Group is an organization of fellow MAPCON users. The purpose of the group is to further the development and understanding of MAPCON by coordinating an annual conference. The conference provides attendees with an opportunity to network with fellow users and further their knowledge of the product through user and developer presentations and structured training. Additionally, it provides Mapcon Technologies, Inc. with the opportunity to meet users, provide product updates, and seek input for future development.
Who Should Attend?
- MAPCON System Managers
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Inventory Specialists
- Purchasing Agents
- Planners, Schedulers, Engineers
- Daily users
What Will I Get Out of It?
- You'll get to meet other users. Since the main focus of this year"s conference is networking, we will have at least 3 breakout sessions where users will form groups based on their roles and industry, so you will be able to get tips from people that use MAPCON for similar functions.
- You will get time with our programmers, support, and sales staff. Each of these roles will be doing their own presentations on various parts of MAPCON, and they will be holding a Q&A session. This is a great opportunity to get all of your questions answered on the spot.
- You will get to speak directly with the people that have created your CMMS software and provide ideas for enhancements. Most of the new features we add to MAPCON come directly from our users.
- You will establish relationships with other users which will undoubtedly be helpful for years to come!
Perhaps the best way to know what you'll get out of it is to see what previous attendees have thought about the users' group conference:
"The Mapcon User's Group conference is an excellent networking opportunity for MAPCON users. Users are able to interact and share different approaches to solve issues that affect them in their daily work routines as well as issues involving some large scale projects. The conferences I"ve attended include some more general maintenance related topics proven to be useful to our organization."
– Dale Krueger, CMMS Coordinator, Green Plains Superior
"Lafayette General Medical Center has been using MAPCON for 25 years now. I have been fortunate to be able to attend the MAPCON User's Group for the last 9 years. I have found this to be a good avenue for networking with other users of this awesome software. I get to share ways that our facility uses MAPCON with others and I have the opportunity to learn from the way others use the software at their facilities. Even though we have been a long time user of MAPCON, I always walk away with something new that will improve or enhance the performance of our system."
– Judi Carranza, Administrative Assistant Lafayette General Medical Center
"At the MUG 2016 conference in Daytona I sat in with the MAPCON 6 users. We haven't upgraded yet but plan to in the near future. I listened to the experienced users there and came away with knowledge of what I may expect from the newer version."
– Mark Bailey, Inventory and Purchasing Agent, Golden Grain Energy
"2016 was my first year attending the MUG Conference held by Mapcon Technologies in Daytona Florida. I have been a CMMS Coordinator at Carbon Green BioEnergy for 7 years using the MAPCON System. We recently upgraded our system from the old MAPCON 5.0 to the new web based hosted version of 6.1. The conference was very helpful for me as at the time of the conference we had only had the new system for about 6 months, so I had many questions. The MUG conference gives you face–to–face time with the support people, programmers, and owners. Since we run a web based version I was able to open our system live at the conference and have questions answered by the people from Mapcon as they were sitting next to me. We also received first hand updates on the new 6.3.2 version. Many of the users at the conference were from ethanol plants throughout the country so I was able to speak with them and get some valuable hints or tips on the CMMS coordinating that they do that has helped me here at Carbon Green. The speakers at the conference were very good and relevant to the maintenance trade that most of us are in."
– Victor Stank, CMMS Coordinator, Carbon Green Bioenergy
"MUG is a good resource to exchange new ideas, to develop and enhance your company"s CMMS (Mapcon) system."
– Marvin Roth, CMMS Administrator, Big River Resources
To reserve your spot at this year"s MAPCON User's Group conference, Register Here.