Easy to use. Powerful software. Priced right.

The MAPCON News Blog

January 13, 2009

Food Packaging Company wraps it up with MAPCON

Unilever, Best Food (UBF) is a food packaging company based in Wichita, Kansas. MAPCON was recently installed to help them take control of their inventory and maintenance schedule.

UBF was using a different CMMS (DataStream"s MP2) and converted their data into MAPCON to be able to keep their valuable equipment, vendor and inventory information.  When our installer left the company, they were already creating work orders and keeping the wheels of production turning.

Using Zones to segregate and maintain 11 packaging lines, some of their customers include Taco Bell, DFC and Tyson.  The raw material is brought in, they mix it and blend it, package it into restaurant size bags or containers, then ship it out.  UBF will be using the PM system to produce about 80% of the work orders, with the remaining 20% of the work comprised mainly of Work Requests and After the Fact Work Orders.  They are excited to start using MAPCON Projects, and will also use MAPCON to continuously improve their inventory reorder points for minimum stocking levels and just-in-time availability.

Welcome to the family, Unilever Best Foods in Kansas!


Chris Kane

About the Author – Chris Kane

Chris Kane is a management consultant and former business owner with broad experience in marketing and sales in service industries. He is also a former U.S. Army infantry officer and avid outdoorsman, including rock climbing and motorcycle riding.

Since 2008, Chris has been involved in web consultation for one of the original and most innovative Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software development firms in the industry. He especially understands how best to articulate the purpose and uses of CMMS software for potential end users across the globe. Kane appreciates and smoothly details the compelling financial and customer satisfaction advantages of CMMS software as do few others in the maintenance management field.

Filed under: Unilever, Best Food, UBF, MAPCON CMMS — Chris Kane on January 13, 2009