June 06, 2015
Updated June 7, 2016
MAPCON 6.3 is officially here! When creating the newest version, our programmers took a long hard look at what our clients have been requesting, and then built an upgrade that addresses many of those items.
So, what’s new with MAPCON 6.3?
Resource Scheduling is probably the biggest addition. The calendar-based scheduler allows users to see exactly what work needs to be done, who is doing it, what percentage of working hours that are available, and also keeps track of previous schedules for data analysis.
Other features in the resource scheduler include:
- the ability to schedule repairs or PMs based on planned resources
- four different viewing options – daily, weekly, monthly, and semi-annually
- the ability for users to schedule work based on zone or site
- a color-coded resource utilization menu, which helps prevent under or over scheduling of an employee
- multiple resource views (employee, craft, shift, etc)
- option to sort orders by priority, hours planned, and date required for easy planning
To find out more about our new resource scheduler, click here.
Time Zone Compatibility
Anyone that has been using MAPCON for sites across different time zones has probably noticed that the timestamps are based on the time zone that the work request, work order, PM, etc. originated from. In the past, this has caused some confusion and a few issues. Not anymore! MAPCON 6.3 will now show timestamps based on the users time zone.
MAPCON Business Intelligence Reporting Tool (MBIRT)
We know that our clients love reports. That’s why we have added MBIRT to MAPCON 6.3. MBIRT is an enhanced reporting module that makes reporting easier and more worthwhile.
What are the best things about MBIRT?
- each report has several output options (csv, xls, pdf, Word)
- many reports have information links (drill downs) to areas within MAPCON with more information. For example, in the picture above, if the user clicks on the link under ‘equipment’, a screen will pop-up which shows all the work orders which have been created against that piece of equipment.
To learn more about MBIRT, click here.
MAPCON Mobile Upgrade
We aren’t just upgrading MAPCON, we’re updating our mobile app also! Here are a few of the added features you can look forward to:
- Save warning
- text field clear buttons
- instant notifications of dispatched work orders, and requisition and purchase order approvals
- work request attachments
- transfer work requests to work orders
- add craft hours to work orders from update/complete screen
- improved and unlimited paged lookups
- additional information to browse requisitions/purchase orders, including requestor, corporate PO #, status, and approval information
To learn more about MAPCON Mobile 6.3, click here.
As you can see, we’ve been hard at work making our system more user-friendly and inclusive. Make sure you stay tuned to get the official MAPCON 6.3 release date!